The printer usage monitoring application is an application to monitor what is being printed on one or more printers, store it in an SQL database and to present the details in a reporting view. It is intended to allow output tracking, cost monitoring and also hardware/software fault monitoring
There are three parts to the printer usage monitoring application:
- The printers being monitored must be hosted on a Windows NT based system (NT4, 2000, XP, or Windows 2003 Server)
- Source code is written in VB9 (.Net 2.0)
- Data server is SQL Server 2000 (2005 and Express versions supported)
- Data model - The database tables, stored procedures, views and so on that comprise the PUMA database
- PrintQueueWatch component - The .NET component that performs the printer monitoring in this application
Please sign the guestbook if you are using this application - it helps us divide our limited spare time between our various open source projects if we have an idea of their respective popularity and usage patterns.