Printers not getting monitored

Topics: Developer Forum, Guestbook / signing in, Installation / Setup, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 24, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I have successfully installed, PUMA Manager, and Service , viewer as well

I have modified service config file as per the instruction

l left this blank

<MonitoredPrinters>
      <!--   
        -->
    </monitoredPrinters>

<add key="ReadSettingsFromDB" value="False" />
       <add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=PrintMonitor;server=(KLTVMCMPANVAR);Connect Timeout=30" />

<!-- ReadSettingsFromDB : If true, read the printers to be monitored from the Azure (CLOUD)  -->
      <add key="ReadSettingsFromAzure" value="False" />

I could add print servers and printers and it can be viewed through viewer also - but print jobs are not listed in viewer

I have downloaded the references and added to the project and compiled the latest versions succssfully

of viewer and manager but im using the same service circulated along with

Pls help me to resolve this

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Hi

When the printer monitor service starts up, it needs to pull the list of printers to monitor from somewhere.

If "ReadSettingsFromDB" is true it looks in the [Printers] table for the printers to monitor (iirc there may be a flag to say if the printer should be monitored or not)

If "ReadSettingsFromAzure" is true it looks in the Azure hosted SQL database using the same rules

If neither of them is true it looks in the <MonitoredPrinters> collection and adds the printers listed there.

From what you have posted above it looks like it is not looking on the database and there are no printers listed in the MonitoredPrinters section so it does not start monitoring any printers.