PrinterQueueWatch - Missing SpoolMonitoringIPC

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 10, 2006 at 4:54 AM
Hi, I am trying to build the application from source, I found three issues

1. I am not able to open database project
it is requesting a password along with Key

2. SpoolMonitoringIPC DLL is missing and not able to found in any place.

Can any help me in build this project.

Thank you for the help

Thanks
Ram
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2006 at 9:23 AM
The latest release of the component (see in source code tab) no longer has any dependency to that DLL - it has been removed by compile contant e.g. #IF SpoolMoitoring THEN ...
Nov 13, 2006 at 12:33 AM
I downloaded latest code and it is also contains SpoolMonitoring reference. I picked up the DLL from install files and now I am able to build the application other than database project. one quick question I have is that, how to cpature the printer content i,e capturing the information that is being printed on the printer along with rest of the information. Any Idea?

Thank you for the help

Thanks
Ram
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2006 at 12:32 PM
It is possible but very complicated because there are a number of possible formats that the data in the spool file might be in e.g. EMF, PostScript, PCL-5, PCL-6, HP-GL

You need a spool file reader for each of those formats.

Nov 13, 2006 at 10:06 PM
Is there any other way other than using SPOOL file i.e using print queue it self as it may be difficult to get the spool file if the priter property is not set to store in the spool directory. it may be futher difficult for shared printer case. I found one bug in AsynchJobWritten method in PrinterMonitorDatabaseListener class the following parameter added twice.

.Parameters.AddWithValue("@JobId", JobId)

Thank you for the help

Thanks
Ram
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2006 at 10:36 PM
The duplicate @JobId parameter has been removed - good catch, thanks.
Nov 15, 2006 at 1:23 AM
You welcome. I wanted to contribute to this project. I am trying to acquaint with the functionality. I wanted to add a feature to capture the document that is being printed. Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks
Ram