PrinterQueueWatch.NET - Featurelist

Topics: Developer Forum
Developer
Nov 14, 2006 at 8:38 PM
I'd like to extend the component with several new features:

One I've did is the possibility to control printer settings, such as "keep printed documents", "hold mismatched documents", ...

but there is much more I think:

- install, uninstall local and network printers
- CRUD printer sharing
- CRUD security settings
- Set Location, Comment -> Implement PRINTER_INFO1..9

Better -> Implementation of the whole Printer API including changes of Windows Vista

- Parse Printjobs, extract true values
- (Save Job as PDF) with idea: store in a document management system

If you have other ideas, so tell it.

Thanks solidcrip

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2006 at 8:44 PM
Security settings especially would be very useful...e.g. the ability to add/remove user access to a printer at run time.

Nov 16, 2006 at 6:54 PM
Hi, Is there any way to know what are fixes/enhancements made for each build

Thanks
RAm
Developer
Apr 28, 2007 at 3:27 AM
I've work with PumaPrinterMonitor Service, it can catch Print Events such as Pause, Cancel,Printing...,
is there any functions that stop, pause or start a print thread? if it coud, can u tell me how to do.
thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2007 at 10:23 PM
(1) There are no release docs per se for each release but if you look at the work items closed you could work out what fixes/enhancements are in each build

(2) The underlying PrintQueueWatch component supports cancelling and pausing but these are not implemented in the printer monitoring service - but if you have an idea of how this would fit in I'd love to hear it...?

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:34 AM
The PrintQueueWatch component has been moved top its own CodePlex project : http://www.codeplex.com/PrintQueueWatch to facilitate these extra functionality thoughts and also to have better API documentation on the component