Missing reference in a project

Topics: Developer Forum, Guestbook / signing in, User Forum
Apr 24, 2008 at 8:15 AM
Hi,

In the PrintMonitorService project there are 4 missing references, 3 of which i found as dlls of the PrinterWatch component but the fourth PrinterMonitorListnerbase i cannot find anywhere. I recompiled the project OK but the service crashs when the EXE is replaced so the 4th reference must be needed even though the project rebuilt OK? I didn't change any of the code bar correcting 3 of the missing references. I just wanted to check the service would run OK when re-compiled.

Any chance of getting help on this one as my last question on Spool file redirect got no response? I'm new to .Net so somethings are not immediately obvious!

Any help appreciated.

Martin
May 16, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Hi,

Can some-one help me with this question please. What is the missing 4th filename for the project reference PrinterMonitorListnerBase?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Martin
Coordinator
May 17, 2008 at 8:55 AM

I have posted the code as a patch - hopefully you are able to download it?

The missing filename is PrinterMonitorListnerBase.dll

I will be reorganising all the code and posting it up as a complete code release soon....as soon as I get the source control client working on this site :-(

May 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM
Hi,

Thanks I've downloaded the patch and added the reference to the 4th dll. Within the IDE i'm still getting warnings about Late bound resolutions on every line that mentions PrintJobEventListener.Instance or ar.AsyncState.EndInvoke in Sub OnJobEventCallback of PrinterMonitoringService so is there some other vb file missing from the project caused by the source control client?

I only want to be able to compile the project in it's original state and swap the EXE on the server to see if the service still log info to the database. Then i can add some of my code to it...

Thanks
Martin