PauseAllNewJobs

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Hello

I have been trying for sevaral days to get the PauseAllNewJobs to work, but i cant get it to success.

I need the feature PauseAllNewJobs to work so that i can do a check if student has money left for printing.

Can anyone please help me build a service that have PauseAllNewJobs set to True ?

I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Andersson
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 5:41 PM
Are you getting an error?

A quick sample to monitor all the printers on this machine and pause jobs on it would be:-

Private WithEvents pmon As New PrinterMonitorComponent

For Each p As PrinterInformation In New PrinterInformationCollection

pmon.AddPrinter(p.PrinterName)

pmon.PrinterInformation(p.PrinterName).PauseAllNewJobs = True

Next p

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Edited Nov 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM
Mr Merrion

The code you provided does not even exist in my sourecode -:)

Thanks for answer me, perhaps i shold have been a bit clearer.

No, i am not getting any error, the printjobs just rush trough to the printer, database is updated but the job is not paused.

I really dont know what source i shall use to build this. Do i need to rebuild both PrinterMonitorService and PrinterQueueWatch ?

Can you please give me link to the source i need.

Thanks, Morgan

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Hello

I figured out that i dont need the PauseAllNewJobs feature.

I simply check if student has money on account in sub pPrinter_JobAdded in PrinterMonitoringService.vb, if not the job is deleted.

If student has money i update students account in sub JobDeletedEvent in PrinterMonitorDatabaseListener.vb

PS
Is the PrinterMonitorService in PUMA-34425 Licensed or will it stop functioning?
ds
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:49 PM
Everything is unrestricted (i.e. will notstop functioning) and all the source code is up on CodePlex.
Nov 28, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Thanks, that sounds great.

A question.

Is it a good idea to check users money account in pPrinter_JobAdded in PrinterMonitoringService.vb ?

and update users account in sql stored procedure OnJobDeleted ?

Thanks.