Changeset 15924 - Issues

Topics: Installation / Setup
Mar 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Thanks for all the work done so far but I have a lot of issues concerning Source Code Changeset 15924:

PrinterQueueWatch issues:
Building error:
Error 1 Error creating assembly manifest: Error reading key file 'c:\Merrion Computing\Development\VB.Net\PrinterQueueWatch\PrinterQueueWatch.snk' -- System cannot find the given path.
AssemblyInfo.vb contains:
<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFileAttribute("c:\Merrion

Computing\Development\VB.Net\PrinterQueueWatch\PrinterQueueWatch.snk")>

Properties: References: PrinterQueueWatch.Resoures -> dll not found and not needed?

What I did:
Commented out the AssemblyKeyFileAttribute in AssemblyInfo.vb

After this the build succeeded.

PUMA Manager issues:
Building error:
Error 10 Type 'PrinterInformation' is not defined. E:\Documents and Settings\pcateam\Mijn documenten\Visual Studio 2005\Projecten\PUMA\PUMA Manager\FormPUMAManager.vb 594 28 PUMA Manager
Error 11 Type 'PrinterQueueWatch.PrinterMonitorComponent' is not defined. E:\Documents and
Settings\pcateam\Mijn documenten\Visual Studio 2005\Projecten\PUMA\PUMA Manager\FormPUMAManager.vb 697 68

PUMA Manager
Error 14 Type 'PrintServer' is not defined. E:\Documents and Settings\pcateam\Mijn documenten\Visual
Studio 2005\Projecten\PUMA\PUMA Manager\FormSelectPrinters.vb 21 31 PUMA Manager
Error 15 Type 'PrinterInformation' is not defined. E:\Documents and Settings\pcateam\Mijn
documenten\Visual Studio 2005\Projecten\PUMA\PUMA Manager\FormSelectPrinters.vb 23 28 PUMA
Manager

Properties: References: PrinterQueueWatch -> Reference not found

What I did:
Reference to just created dll added
Changed DataSource (servername) to (local)SQLEXPRESS

After this the build succeeded.

General:
- as far as I can see: it is not possible to delete any previously added server/printer (other then deleteing it
from the database-tables)?
- local machine doesnot show up when trying to add a PrintServer?

When trying to add printers to my local server (i put in the local server in the database table by hand ->
installed printer can be seen)-> exception occured:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

• Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PrinterQueueWatch.PrinterMonitorComponent' threw an
exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PrinterQueueWatch.Resources' or
one of its dependencies. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
File name: 'PrinterQueueWatch.Resources'
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly
locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at PrinterQueueWatch.PrinterMonitorComponent..cctor()

....etcetera
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I rebuild the PrinterQueueWatch project (added a reference to an (old?) resources dll file) and rebuild it.
I added a reference to PUMA Manager (for the Resources file) and rebuild it. -> I saw the installed printer in the
list, but could not add it..??

Still the same problem....

After this I stopped with detailed testing. There are to much problems.

I few other remarks:
- was this changeset tested (because I have so much problems)? Is this changeset correctly uploaded? Why are there
so little remarks about this changeset. Did somebody get it work correctly?
- There are still references to the PrinterQueueWatch.Resources(.dll) (puma maneger + the service itself)
- PrinterMonitorService:
- PrinterMonitorService.snk.pfx -> this should be deleted from the assembly?
- References in this solution to: PrinterMonitorListnerBase, SpoolMonitoringIPC, PrinterQueueWatch
(.Resources)
- just a little issue: PrinterMonitiringViewerSetup -> name should be PrinterMonitoringViewerSetup
- is it possible to use the Eventlogger for logging (critical errors) (so these errors can be monitored, especially
for the PrinterMonitorService)?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2007 at 1:36 AM
Hi - there's a lot to do here - it seems not all the files are being uploaded...especially the .dlls
I have added the strong name key files (*.snk) to change set 19883
Hopefully all the other files will be there as well (?)

Next I am going to look at the database finding bit to see what can be done in terms of UI for the setup if the database is not found...